Want to make a cool, super sensory slime for the kids to explore? If you haven’t tried it yet floam slime is the bomb! And this super cute Purple Monster Floam Slime recipe is purrrrr-fect for Halloween (though it really is fun any time of the year!)
What is so great about floam slime I hear you ask? It feels really cool – the foam balls add a touch of crunch to your slime time. The kids can flip, flop, and flap this foam, it’s tons of fun.
Being so fun, it is a perfect slime to share! If you’re planning a Halloween party this year, why not whip up a batch with our floam slime recipe to gift to your pint-sized party goers, using the cute printable labels included below to label your slime gift jars.
RELATED: We also love this Fluffy Slime Recipe!
Purple Monster Floam Slime Recipe
We recommend close adult supervision for younger kids playing with slime and would recommend that adults actually make the slime. Please don’t let young children handle contact cleaning solution as it can cause diarrhoea if consumed.
- 3 cups of shaving cream (not the gel kind)
- 1 cup of white school glue
- Approx. 3-4 tbsp contact cleaning solution (containing boric acid)
- 2-3 drops of food colouring or a few squirts of acrylic paint
- 1 cup small foam beads
1. Empty shaving cream into a large bowl.
2. Add glue.
3. Add food colouring or paint.
4. Add contact cleaning solution. Start with just a little and mix it in thoroughly. Add a little more and mix, continue adding small amounts and combining until the slime mixture begins to stop sticking to the sides of the bowl. At that point, you can use your hands to continue mixing in more saline solution until the slime is a consistency you like, and no longer sticks to you finger.
If you accidentally add too much saline solution and your slime becomes stiff or breaks apart, you can add a little more glue to loosen it back up.
4. Add foam beads and knead them into the slime with your hands. If the slime becomes too stiff at this point, you can add in a little more glue. If it feels too goopy, you can add in more contact cleaning solution as needed.
6. Take the slime out of the bowl and work with your hands until the consistency is smooth.
Store your fluffy floam slime in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Ensure children wash their hands thoroughly after playing with any slime, especially before eating.
And don’t forget to package up a jar or two for a monster-loving friend with our cute, printable jar labels below.
Printing Your Purple Monster Slime Jar Labels
Click here to download. This will open PDF document. Download or save the PDF to your own computer. When printing, select “Fit to printable area” (or similar) to ensure the page fits with your printer type and local paper size (these have been created at A4 size). Cut around the printed labels and glue to your jar or lid.
Having trouble accessing or downloading the file? Please try a different internet browser.
Please note: All Childhood 101 printables are for personal use only, you may not use any part of this content for commercial purposes-that includes selling the document, giving it away to promote your business or website, or printing the file to sell. You may not share, loan or redistribute these documents. Teachers may use multiple copies for students in their own classroom.