I recently received a comment on a creative play post on the Childhood 101 Facebook page asking how people store their art and creative play supplies so I reached out to some of my blogging buddies asking them to show us their kid’s art spaces and storage ideas. So here they are – 9 great kids art spaces – including both indoor and outdoor spaces – and some fabulous storage solutions for art and creative play supplies.
1. Art Space at Life Lesson Plans: Brigette hit Ikea for most of the supplies needed to make this art space for her two young children. She really has thought of everything, from hooks to hang art aprons to wipes for clean up once the creating session is over. Art materials that her children can use with less supervision are readily available and those needing adult assistance (as well as her sensory bin supplies) are stored on the shelves above.
2. Mama.Papa.Bubba Creative Space: Jen has created a great space where she and her daughter can work side by side. The long table top provides lots of space for big projects or multiple creations.
3. Art Area for Small Spaces from An Everyday Story: Kate shares her solution for art storage in a smaller space, as well as a great list of art making materials. She has also previously shared her children’s mini atelier too.
4. Our Art Space at Childhood 101: Our playroom art space incorporates storage for a range of everyday art supplies and a display space for completed works of art.
5. Outdoor Art Space at Racheous: Rachel shows us how she has set up a creative work space on her verandah and I just love this great mobile storage solution for art supplies – this trolley is going on my shopping list!
6. Art corner at The Madhouse: Jen has packed a heap of great ideas in this small corner of her kitchen.
7. Art in the basement at Growing Book By Book: For those with a little more space, check out the art studio space Jodie has created in an area of her family’s basement and her great storage ideas.
8. Art Corner at Adventures at Home With Mum: Nae has created a great space for her son to access a range of creative supplies independently.
9. My Little Bookcase Art Cupboard: I love how Jackie has converted an old cupboard to an art supply storage space by simply adding shelves for better organisation.