Like many families around the world, IKEA is a regular go-to when it comes to furnishing the kids spaces within our home, it’s a more affordable option and the items in the children’s range are just so kid friendly. The one drawback that I can see – it can be lacking in a little individualised personality. That’s why I love this collection of IKEA hacks – below are 9 regular IKEA pieces that have each been taken to new heights thanks to a little time and creativity!
1. Mondocherry creates a fabulous children’s play shop from a baby change table.
2. Love the map detail added to this kids Latt table. Shared via Apartment Therapy.
3. This kids play stove is simply fabulous! Via Roomor.
5. I love this idea of dressing up the kids Mammut stool with a little crochet cover. Via MariaCalcetines on Instagram.
7. How cool is this soft toy storage with a Komplement multi-use storage hanger? Featured at Return to Home.
8. Love this simple idea to keep your art table surface uncluttered – add cutlery holders to the sides to hold pens and pencils. Via A Childhood List
9. Our Kids Art Space features many an Ikea hack! See all of the details here.
What are your favourite IKEA items for kids play spaces?
- 21 Fun & Fabulous Pretend Play Spaces
- 9 Kids Art Space & Storage Ideas
- Lego Storage & Organisation Ideas
- 10 Tips for Creating Great Play Spaces