This post is sponsored by Ryvita and Digital Parents Collective.
Picture this…. The big girl is at school, the small girl goes down for a nap and I pop on the kettle and rush to the computer for my precious (if I am lucky) hour and a half of work time. I have every intention of quickly checking my email before making a cuppa and something to eat for lunch but I am greeted by a message that needs an urgent response, and then distracted by a work commitment that just has to be finished, oh and that blog post that needs proof reading and a bill to be paid…and before I know it I look up to see that it is almost time to get the small girl up and head out the door on the dreaded school run. What do I end up doing? Grabbing something easy like a handful of crackers or grapes before rushing out the door! Not exactly conducive to an energetic afternoon running around after two kids!
This has been an all too familiar scene at my house recently – I am not much of a sandwich eater and if there are no leftovers in the house I struggle with lunch choices. So when I was recently invited to celebrate 50 years of Ryvita in Australia by road testing their current range of crispbreads and sharing my favourite topping creations, I thought it would be a great opportunity to start taking care of me by making lunch more of a priority.
So here are three ways I have been enjoying Ryvita’s crispbreads topped to perfection!
Topping #1: Salsa Dancing (shown top)
The freshness of this light, salsa-like topping is sure to get your toes tapping, even when you’ve been up since 4am!
To make, finely chop one tomato and half a small red or yellow capsicum. Combine in a bowl with the juice of half a lime and a teaspoon of chopped flat leaf parsley. Top your favourite choice of Ryvita crispbread and enjoy as is or add a little of your favourite cheese and place under the grill for a moment to warm through – quesadilla style.
Topping #2: Brunch is Served
Perfect for those days when the opportunity to eat breakfast disappeared in a blur of getting ready for school activity, place slices of boiled egg onto a bed of baby spinach and mashed avocado. Season to taste. Yum!
Topping #3: Bananarama
My favourite topping I am literally running out the door as it is quick to make and provides the perfect afternoon energy boost, layer your crispy Ryvita with sliced or mashed banana and add a drizzle of honey. Just beware – you may just have to share this one with the kids!
Win with Ryvita
One Australian Childhood 101 reader will win a one year supply of Ryvita Crispbreads (26 packs) and a year’s subscription to Woman’s Day magazine.
To enter leave a comment on this post telling me the perfect topping for your crispy Ryvita lunch or snack.
The winner will be selected based on the originality of their answer. Entries close 6pm AEDST, Tuesday 25th February 2014.
P.S. Pop over to the Ryvita Australia Facebook page and share your Topped to Perfection suggestion for the opportunity to win $2000.
The fine print:
1. The competition begins at 6AM AEDST, 18th February 2014 and ends at 6PM AEDST, 25th February 2014.
2. The prize constitutes 26 packs of Ryvita Crispbread and a one year subscription to Woman’s Day magazine (total value $218.49).
3. Entry is limited to residents with an Australian delivery address.
4. Entry is limited to one comment per household/IP address. Please register a routinely checked email address in the email field of your entry.
5. The winners will be notified via email within 7 days of the competition closing. Should the winner fail to make contact via return email within 72 hours of notification a new winner may be selected.
6. The winner’s contact details will be passed onto Digital Parents Collective and the prize organised directly by them.