Keep each student working towards their own, personal goals close with this crafty goal setting activity – making an individual DIY Goals Board.
Simple to make from just a few, common craft materials, each student can decorate their Goals Board to suit their own personality and interests.
And the completed project can be hung at home or in the classroom as a visual reminder for each student – to keep striving to reach their goals.
DIY Goals Board: Student Goal Setting Activity
You will need:
- 6 jumbo craft sticks
- 2 regular craft sticks
- Paint and paintbrush – if desired
- Paint pens or markers
- Pipe cleaner
- Hot glue
- Optional decorations, such as small pom poms, sequins, glitter, gemstones, stickers, etc – if desired
How to Make a DIY Goal Setting Board
1. Line up the six jumbo craft sticks evenly, so they are lying horizontally side by side.
2. Apply an even layer of hot glue to one side of a regular sized craft stick and glue it vertically across one end of the jumbo sticks (as shown below). Repeat on the opposite side.
Once the glue is dry, flip the board over to decorate.
3. Apply an even coat of your choice of paint colour and then leave to dry.
4. Using the paint pens or markers, decorate both the top and bottom sticks as desired. Remind students to leave room on the middle four sticks for adding goals.
5. Once decorated, flip over and glue the pipe cleaner to the back of the board to form a hanger.
Then each student can fill in their own, personal goals.
Be sure to remind them to hang their Goals Board in a place they are sure to see them each day as a reminder to keep working towards achieving their dreams.
Check out another handy, related printable – our Printable 2021 Kids Calendar.
More great, related resources;