Do you have a special space for books in your home? A special chair or a cosy corner? Somewhere comfortable to snuggle up and read together?
A place to revisit with favourite ‘friends’ and to celebrate new discoveries? To share a giggle or a BIG adventure?
I have posted before about my passion for reading with young children (see a list of related posts below). We have children’s books all around our home – in the bedrooms, our living room, my study and in this special corner of Immy’s playroom. I rotate Immy’s books regularly and we are frequent library patrons as we love discovering new books.
And when we are not sitting here reading, you might just find us playing around with literacy in a different way, creating adventures of our own with puppets!
Related Posts – Reading
- Growing Kids Who Read
- 9 Things to Notice When Reading with Kids
- 7 Things To Notice on the Cover
- 10 Ways to Motivate Your Child to Love Reading
Related Posts – Kids Spaces
- Sharing Our Kids Art Space
- Dramatic Play in Our Home Corner Space
- Inspiring At Home Play Spaces
- Organising Kids Stuff: Make Pack Away Time Fun