Whether your tween or teen loves to read or loves to craft, this cute Reindeer Origami Bookmark craft is sure to be a fun activity idea for the lead up to the holidays.
How to Make a Reindeer Origami Bookmark Craft
You will need:
- 1 sheet of 4in x 4in origami craft paper
- Craft paper – one sheet each of red, white and brown OR use the pre-colored shapes included in the printable template
- Paper glue
- Marker pen
- Printable template (optional) – full download instructions for template at the bottom of this post
How to Fold an Origami Bookmark
1. Take a square paper of origami paper and it diagonally onto the table top so it looks like a diamond. Fold the paper in half by taking the top point all the way down to meet the bottom point to form an inverted triangle.
2. Fold the triangle in half to find the middle point of the triangle’s base. Open back up once creased.
4. Lift the upper flap of the bottom point, taking it upwards until the tip touches the middle of the inverted triangle’s base and fold it there.
5. Next, take the top right corner and bring it down towards the bottom until the tip lines up with the bottom point and crease firmly.
6. Repeat for the top left point.
7. Finally, tuck each of the bottom points up inside the flap that was created in step four to create the pocket that will slide over the book pages.
How to Make a Reindeer Bookmark
8. Cut out the pieces for the reindeer – antlers, face, mouth and nose – from the colored paper using the printable template page included below (full download instructions can be found at the bottom of this post), or cut them freehand. Alternatively, there are also pre-colored pieces included in the download.
9. Glue the horns of the reindeer on the top of the head piece. Then glue the mouth piece onto the face.
10. Finish off the reindeer by gluing both the nose and the eyes onto the reindeer.
11. Finally, glue the reindeer’s face onto the top of the bookmark pocket.
Download and Print Reindeer Bookmark Template
Click here to download: Reindeer Bookmark Template . Save the PDF to your computer. Open the PDF and print the pages you require. When printing, select “Fit to printable area” (or similar) to ensure the page fits with your printer type and local paper size. Laminate the printed pages for durability.
Having trouble accessing or downloading the file? Please try a different internet browser.
Please note: All Childhood 101 printables are for personal use only, you may not use any part of this content for commercial purposes-that includes selling the document, giving it away to promote your business or website, or printing the file to sell. You may not share, loan or redistribute these documents. Teachers may use multiple copies for students in their own classroom.
For more Christmas craft for tweens and teens, check out these related posts;