My girls love this smoothie combination. And I love how many great superfoods are crammed into it! The best bit, they have no idea. Even Dad 101 couldn’t believe I had hidden avocado in a berry smoothie – he also had no idea! The extra goodness makes this smoothie a great breakfast-on-the-go option or a fabulous snack before you head out to after school activities – in our house, smoothies are one of our favourites for dancing days!
Make Your Own Superfood SUPER Smoothie!
You will need (per serve):
- 2 Tablespoons rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raspberries (we used frozen)
- 1/8-1/4 avocado
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla yoghurt
- 1/2 cup of milk
1. Place oats into your hand blender and give them a good blitz. This step is optional but I find that my children tolerate oats in smoothies better when the oats are blended first.
2. Add other ingredients and blend until smooth. Add a little more milk to adjust to your preferred thickness as required.
Or check out one of our other favourite smoothie recipes…
What is your family’s favourite smoothie flavour?
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
sangeetha menon says