My girls love this smoothie combination. And I love how many great superfoods are crammed into it! The best bit, they have no idea. Even Dad 101 couldn’t believe I had hidden avocado in a berry smoothie – he also had no idea! The extra goodness makes this smoothie a great breakfast-on-the-go option or a fabulous snack before you head out to after school activities – in our house, smoothies are one of our favourites for dancing days!
Make Your Own Superfood SUPER Smoothie!
You will need (per serve):
- 2 Tablespoons rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raspberries (we used frozen)
- 1/8-1/4 avocado
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla yoghurt
- 1/2 cup of milk
1. Place oats into your hand blender and give them a good blitz. This step is optional but I find that my children tolerate oats in smoothies better when the oats are blended first.
2. Add other ingredients and blend until smooth. Add a little more milk to adjust to your preferred thickness as required.
Or check out one of our other favourite smoothie recipes…
What is your family’s favourite smoothie flavour?