This has to be the simplest DIY Christmas card idea there is, which is why I love it! Miss eight can easily sit and make a whole collection of these in one sitting, making it an easy Christmas craft for kids too. And it’s versatile – you can easily swap out the oversized gemstones for buttons, giant sequins or shapes cut from Christmas paper.
You will need:
- Cardstock, folded in half
- Oversized gemstones, giant sequins or buttons in Christmas colours
- White PVA craft glue
- Permanent, fineline marker
1. Arrange your gemstones onto the front of the card and glue into place (we orientated our card so that the folded edge was at the top)
2. Draw a string from the top fold down to each gem. Draw bows.
3. Optional: If you’re good at calligraphy or have a mini alphabet stamp kit, add a greeting to the front of your card.