Do you ever get stuck in a rut when it comes to what to prepare for snacks? I do! Fortunately it’s summer school holidays here in Australia which means more time to prepare snacks together with Immy and AJ, they both love helping in the kitchen! The following suggestions are easy to prepare (which makes them perfect for involving small people) and they also make great after school snacks, and even work well as simple party foods.
18 Fun Snack Ideas for Kids
1. Buzz a batch of banana soft serve – yum!
2. Cut slices of watermelon into your favourite shapes to make watermelon pops.
3. Thread fruit pieces onto a straw for simple fruit kebabs.
5. Whiz up some frozen yoghurt pops with your favourite berries or mango or peaches.
6. Bake Anzac biscuits.
7. Mix up your own unique blend of trail mix with dry cereal, sultanas and other dried fruit, sunflower or pumpkin seeds and your favourite nuts.
9. Create a delicious ice cream sundae or banana split.
10. Blend your own fruit smoothie using your choice of milk, yoghurt and fresh or frozen fruit.
11. Go savoury with a batch of bacon and egg muffins.
12. Pop a piece of banana onto a toothpick, dip into yoghurt and then into coloured or chocolate sprinkles or crushed nuts.
13. Mush up some guacamole and enjoy with corn chips, crackers and vegetable sticks.
14. Spread Weetbix with mashed banana, cream cheese, honey or butter and Vegemite.
15. Decorate boiled eggs with funny faces using felt tipped pens.
16. Test drive a new lunch box recipe – fructose free chocolate muesli bars.
17. Create an island escape on your jelly cup.
18. Enjoy any of the above with a glass of easy homemade lemonade.
What is your favourite snack to prepare with your kids?
- 10 Easy Things to Cook with Kids
- Energy Boosting Tips for Busy Mamas
- Lunch Box Ideas for Kids Who Don’t Like Sandwiches