Following on from last year’s popular post – 25 Ways to Have Fun, I present to you 25 Ways to Have Fun Outdoors. Great for families, why not try something from the list this weekend!
1. Climb a tree.
2. Throw a frisbee.
3. Spend time together on an evening family walk or ride.
4. Fill a tub or a paddle pool for some water play.
5. Paint a fence or a window.
6. Head to a National Park for a bushwalk.
7. Grab a magnifying glass and hunt for bugs!
8. Swing your hips in a hula hoop.
9. Get busy in the garden and pull some weeds or plant some vegetables.
10. Play a game of chasey or hide and seek – or both!
(you might also love these other fun, active games for kids)
11. Try catching dinner with a spot of fishing.
12. Draw a hopscotch grid with chalk on the pavement and get jumping.
13. Scramble up a hill. And roll back down again.
14. Bounce on a space hopper, pogo stick or trampoline.
15. Build a blanket cubby house.
16. Camp at home.
17. Set up an obstacle course in your back yard.
18. Pop on some gumboots and jump in puddles.
19. Head to the coast for a rockpool treasure hunt and a spot of beachcombing.
20. Head to the park and fly up high on a swing. Adults too.
21. Have a game of marbles.
22. Take your percussion instruments outdoors and have a sing along. Or form a marching band.
23. Choose from this list of 20 ways to play with sticks.
24. Make a mud kitchen and bake mud pies.
25. Print out our list of 101 Things to Do Outside for hours of outdoor fun!