Our 101 Ways to Play Outside poster has had a facelift!
The poster lists 101 simple ideas for outdoor fun and play in your very own backyard or neighbourhood park and they only require the simplest of equipment – if any.
I suggest printing it out for display in your home …it makes an awesome prompt for kids complaining of the ‘I’m boreds!’ Download and printing instructions below.
And if you’re not sure how to do some of the ideas, there are some links below that will take you to more information.
101 Ways to Play Outside Poster
To download and print:
101 Ways to Play Outside Poster . To print, you may need to select “Fit to printable area” (or similar) depending upon your printer type and local paper size.
Having trouble accessing or downloading the file? Please try a different internet browser.
Please note: All Childhood 101 printables are for personal use only, you may not use any part of this content for commercial purposes-that includes selling the document, giving it away to promote your business or website, or printing the file to sell. You may not share, loan or redistribute these documents. Teachers may use multiple copies for students in their own classroom.
Click through on the images below for more helpful learning at home resources;
And check out the list below for useful links to more information and inspiration for many of the ideas included in the list above…
7. Make a rainbow with the hose
12. Head out on a treasure hunt
17. Balance a bean bag on your head
23. Make texture rubbings with crayons
24. Swing your hips in a hula hoop
28. Jump in a puddle
30. Draw on the trampoline (or the footpath) with chalk
31. Read a book
41. Paint the outside of a window
46. Find 10 things to float in a tub of water
54. Plant vegetables and herbs
55. Grow a bean or sunflower teepee
56. Take photos of what you see
63. Create a home for a fairy (or an elf)
66. Make a drip castle with wet sand
68. Fly a kite
80. Create a small world for your favourite figurines
90. Make object impressions in air dry clay
93. Make a bird bath
Which idea will you play first?