My girls love imaginative play and over time we have managed to accumulate all manner of figurines in our toy collection – Schleich animals, dinosaurs and fairies, Sylvanian creatures, Lalaloopsies and Disney fairies to name just a few (I mean they LOVE imaginative play!) Of course, these characters all need somewhere to live and while they regularly build homes from blocks and MagnaTiles, they also love our homemade treehouse, a wooden dollhouse and even the dollhouse in a case I made them recently (it’s just like the one linked below). So if you are looking to inspire some pretend play with figurines in your home, I have collected together seven fabulous DIY dollhouse ideas that are all super easy to make (with various levels of complexity) and extra fun to play with!
1. Print and Fold Dollhouse via Picklebums
2. Shoe Box Dollshouse via Mama. Papa. Bubba
3. Cardboard Dollhouse via You Clever Monkey
4. Light Up Cardboard Dollhouses via The Artful Parent
5. DIY Imaginative Play Treehouse via Childhood 101
6. Dollhouse in a Case via Scrappalific
7. Ikea Bookshelf Dollshouse via Mama. Papa. Bubba