I love finding recipes that are quick and simple to make with children and, once the apricots have soaked, this recipe easily fits that bill! Why not have your children whip up a batch for afternoon tea today?
Apricot-Coconut Balls Recipe
You will need:
- 3/4 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons orange juice (have the children juice an orange for you)
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- A little extra dessicated coconut
- Soak the dried apricots in the boiling water until soft. Drain well.
- Have your small assistants chop the apricots finely.
- They can then combine the apricots with the with the orange juice and 3/4 cup of coconut. Mix well.
- Finally, roll spoonfuls of the mixture into small balls and then roll in extra coconut.
- Cooking with Kids: Small Steps Towards Cooking Independently
- Gluten Free Crustless Mini Quiche
- Cooking with Kids: Canneloni
- Lunch Box Ideas for Kids Who Don’t Like Sandwiches