Since we started making our non-dairy, date chocolate mousse, I have been meaning to experiment with using dates and prunes to make a little sweet treat for the girls. Heading back to school has provided the perfect incentive to get onto it and these Date & Coconut Balls get the snack time tick of approval from both the almost-6 year old and the 20 month old – plus they both loved helping to make them.
Date & Coconut Balls Recipe
You will need:
- 1 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped (I substitute a few dates for prunes for a little extra sweetness)
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Place all of the ingredients into your food processor or (as I do) into the bowl attachment on your hand blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are well chopped and combined.
- Form into small balls and refrigerate.