These 15 gift ideas are all simple enough for children to do and make excellent gifts for siblings and friends. Best of all, most of them can be made with supplies that you already have at home.
1. Photo play wallet – great for older babies and toddlers, siblings can have fun choosing, printing and laminating a selection of family photos.
2. Kandinsky inspired mobile – gorgeous for a baby’s room.
3. Character magnets – great for toddlers and preschoolers.
4. Textured bottle cap matching game – a fun, feely matching game for preschoolers.
5. Homemade peppermint playdough – perfectly peppermint for preschoolers who love to play playdough!
6. Soap crayons for bath time fun – primary (elementary) school aged children will enjoy following the ‘recipe’ for these.
7. Create custom art on t-shirts with simple printmaking – simple for little ones to make but also complex enough for bigger kids.
8. Decorate a pair of plain tennis shoes – too cool for school!
10. Assemble a puppet making kit – fun for kids who love creative and imaginary play.
11. Headband & hair accessories tin – a nice gift from younger children to older siblings.
12. Pre-make a set of scratch art sheets – a cool gift for kids who like to create.
13. Decorate a felt butterfly mask – a great challenge for older children, or glue the decorations with younger kids.
14. Make a tape art monogram – gorgeous artwork for kids of all ages.
15. Tabletop puppet theatre – a super project for older children to make.
Do your children make gifts for their siblings?
You may also like…