When it came to the challenge of a new homemade wreath to hang on our front door this year, I wondered how the lovely circular shape of paper rolls would translate into a wreath shape?!! I was pleasantly surprised with the result – a fabulous homemade paper roll wreath.
Homemade Paper Roll Wreath
You will need:
- 30 toilet paper rolls (or similar)
- Child friendly acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Instructions for making your paper roll wreath:
1. Our paper rolls were collected through the year from birthday wrapping paper but you could just as easily use those from food wrap, paper towel or toilet paper. I cut ours to be 5cm tall. We used 30 in total.
2. Immy and I had fun painting the tubes inside and out. We mixed up a pinky-red, child friendly acrylic paint but I think these would also look fabulous painted with a metallic paint or (if involving older children) with a two tone effect – one colour for inside the tubes and one for outside.
3. Once the paint was dry, I stuck the rolls together using the hot glue gun and then added a silver ribbon for hanging.
Simple, fun for the kids, and looks good on my front door – that is my idea of a great Christmas craft activity!
For even more Christmas wreaths, check out our collection of 12 homemade Christmas wreath ideas.