Inside: 25 DIY Christmas cards crafts for kids to make. Includes ideas for preschool & kindergarten and elementary/primary school age children.
Whether you are a busy teacher looking for DIY Christmas card ideas for your class or a busy parent looking for crafty ideas to keep the kids busy during school break, this collection of 25 DIY Christmas cards crafts for kids to make offers plenty of ideas, whatever the age of your children!
The list is divided into Christmas card craft projects for preschool and kindergarten, and for school age children, making it a super easy collection to refer to.
25 DIY Christmas Cards Crafts for Kids to Make
Preschool & Kindergarten DIY Christmas Cards
1. Roller Print Card Designs – Childhood 101
Print Christmas cards or wrapping paper – the choice is yours – with this fun printmaking process.
2. Potato Stamped Snowman Christmas Cards – Made to Be a Momma
Simple stamps are easy to make with, of all things…potatoes! These really neat holiday cards from potato stamps are a fun twist on printmaking.
3. Spray Painted Cards – Childhood 101
This spray painted process with food dye and yarn works just as well as a holiday card as for DIY gift tags.
4. Marbled Homemade Christmas Cards – Fun-a-Day
Shaving cream and paint marbled together create these always unique, gorgeous homemade Christmas cards.
5. Snowman Christmas Cards – Artsy Craftsy Mom
Have fun combining stamping and drawing to create these festive snowman cards.
6. Kids Bauble Christmas Cards – Red Ted Art
For this simple, kid made card, children decorate paper bauble shapes, transforming them into colorful Christmas ornaments. Glue these beauties to cardstock and they’ll be ready for the post box in no time at all.
7. Washi Tape Tree Cards – Mum in the Madhouse
If you’re like us and have a stash of colourful washi tape, these Washi Tape Tree Cards are a fun way to use up some of your supplies.
8. Fingerprint Christmas Tree Cards – Easy Peasy and Fun
It’s time to get (mildly!) messy with this hands-on kid made Christmas card. Dab fingers covered in green and red paint to fill in the Christmas tree.
9. DIY Silhouette Christmas Cards – Easy Peasy and Fun
Kids can pick their own color schemes to make color patterns which are then covered with the silhouette of a Christmas item. The funky colors add some real jazz to the holiday.
Christmas Card Crafts for School Age Kids
10. Easiest DIY Christmas Card – Childhood 101
This might just be the all time simplest idea for a homemade Christmas card and the result looks so cute!
11. Lego Stamped Christmas Cards – Little Bins For Little Hands
If your child loves building with Legos, have them try their hand at making fun Christmas designs. Using different sized and shaped Legos dipped in paint, children can make all sorts of patterns and designs.
12. Scratch Art Christmas Cards – Childhood 101
Kids can easily create their own scratch art sheets using oil pastels, then draw on a holiday design and add to the front of a cardstock card. Experimenting with colours is all part of the fun!
13. Christmas Light Chalk Stencil Card – Buggy and Buddy
These colourful, chalkboard inspired designs use a simple Christmas light stencil to create Christmas cards that are sure to light up the day of whoever receives them.
14. Pop Up Christmas Tree Card – Childhood 101
This Christmas tree pop up card is easy to make and we love the super cool reveal!
15. String Art Christmas Tree Card – Mum in the Madhouse
I love the simplicity of this design and how awesome it looks against white card. A great one for middle grade students.
16. Merry and Bright Christmas Cards Using Aluminum Foil – Books and Giggles
Aluminum foil is a fun medium to create with. Colouring on foil with markers results in this neat, shiny effect that kids will have fun experimenting with.
17. Fingerprinted Christmas Lights Card – Crafty Morning
Fingerprint a series of colourful Christmas lights across the front of a blank card to create this fun design.
18. Reindeer Kisses DIY Christmas Cards – Inspiration Made Simple
These reindeer cards combine cutting skills with a sweet chocolatey treat. Fun for kids to share with friends.
19. Christmas Cards Made of Buttons and Pipe Cleaners – My Poppet
These fun and festive designs are made from pipe cleaners and buttons!
20. Snowflake Lacing Cards – Artsy Craftsy Mom
Lacing is not only a great fine motor activity, it’s also great for creating snowflakes to decorate pretty Christmas cards.
21. DIY Glitter Tape Christmas Cards – Artful Parent
Christmas is the time for….glitter! Because you can never have too much holiday sparkle! These Christmas cards used double sided tape and glitter to create sparklicious Christmas trees.
22. Potato Stamp Christmas Ornaments Card – Crafty Morning
More potato stamping, this time a slightly trickier printing process to make sween Christmas ornament cards.
23. Christmas Colouring Cards – Childhood 101
If your child likes to colour these colouring Christmas cards are the perfect
24. Christmas Button Cards – The Best Ideas for Kids
These festive button designs make us smile!
25. 3D Paper Folded Christmas Tree Card – Childhood 101
This 3D effect Christmas tree provides a great challenge for elementary/primary school age children.