Inside: A fun, easy play number facts game with Uno cards. Great for revising addition and multiplication facts.
So much of mastering basic math facts comes down to revision. Making that revision fun and engaging has always been important to me – as both a teacher and a parent. Which is exactly what led us to playing this simple math game – we call it Uno Flip!
Uno Flip is great for children learning about addition in the early elementary grades. It can also be played with older children revising multiplication facts.
How to Play Uno Flip
You will need:
- The number cards from a pack of Uno cards
- Post-it notes
- Paper and pen/pencil or our printable Uno Flip record sheet
Recommended age: 5+ years
1. Write a + symbol onto a post-it note and an = symbol on a post-it note and place on the table face up to form an addition equation, leaving room for the Uno cards to sit between the symbols.
2. Divide your Uno number cards into two piles and place piles as shown in the photo above.
3. Flip over one card from each pile and place it into the addition equation.
For mental maths, say the answer out loud as quickly as you can.
To practise writing equations, write the addition sentence, including the answer, onto your sheet of paper or record your answer on our printable record sheet (download instructions can be found at the bottom of this post).
4. Continue to flip over two cards at a time and say or record each answer as above.
To revise times tables with Uno flip, swap the addition symbol for a multiplication symbol. Proceed as per the mental math or written equation examples above.
Hints & Tips:
- Adjust the difficulty level of the game by limiting the Uno cards to those containing higher or lower number values.
- Add a level of competitiveness to the game by playing with two players competing to see who can answer to the problem first.
- Don’t have Uno cards? You could also play with a pair of dice.
Download & Print Uno Flip Record Sheet
The download includes a Uno Flip addition, subtraction and multiplication record sheet.
Click here to download:
Uno Flip Record Sheet. Save the PDF to your computer. Open the PDF and print the pages you require. When printing, select “Fit to printable area” (or similar) to ensure the page fits with your printer type and local paper size.
Having trouble accessing or downloading the file? Please try a different internet browser.
Please note: All Childhood 101 printables are for personal use only, you may not use any part of this content for commercial purposes-that includes selling the document, giving it away to promote your business or website, or printing the file to sell. You may not share, loan or redistribute these documents. Teachers may use multiple copies for students in their own classroom.
Looking for more fun maths games? Check out our printable collection of Multiplication Games here.
You might also like: