Looking for a sweet but simple Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day card idea to make with school age kids? Then this heart pop up card craft is perfect!
Made with just paper, glue and scissors, this card makes a great addition to our collection of Tween Paper Crafts, and it is perfect to make with children in the later elementary/primary grades.
Heart Pop Up Card Craft for Kids
You will need:
- Colourful craft paper
- Heart Stencil (such as this one from Amazon) or a series of three heart templates that increase in size
1. Take a 10 x 5 inch/24 x 12 cm white (or any light-coloured) cardstock paper and fold it in half.
2. Using the stencil, trace a half heart shape on the fold of the paper, leaving a 1/2 inch/1 cm gap on the outside of the shape.
3. Cut along the line drawn. Do not cut the gap.
4. Unfold the paper.
5. Press the heart inwards. This forms the pop up area of the card.
6. Cut out two smaller hearts from coloured craft paper.
7. Glue the larger coloured heart onto the pop up heart.
8. Then glue the smaller heart inside the larger heart shape.
9. Cut a piece of card stock to size to form the outside of the card. Fold in half.
10. Glue the prepared pop up into the card. Add your message.