Inside: This DIY Peppermint Lip Balm recipe makes a delicious yet simple DIY craft for tweens and teens.
Searching for a fun activity idea for your tween or teen? Or a DIY gift they can make for friends or family? Making their own lip balm is a super fun and engaging activity for this age group, and it’s also super simple to do.
DIY Peppermint Lip Balm Recipe
The items listed below are linked to Amazon products, these are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
You will need:
- 1 Tbsp beeswax pellets
- 2 Tbsp liquid coconut oil
- ¼ tsp deep rose cosmetic grade mica powder
- 5 drops peppermint food grade essential oil
- 3 lip balm tins
1. Add the beeswax to a microwave safe measuring jug with a spout. Heat on high in a microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted.
2. Add the coconut oil and stir well.
3. Add the mica powder and peppermint essential oil and stir well.
4. Pour the melted mixture into lip balm tins being careful not to overfill them.
5. Allow the lip balm to set undisturbed for a couple of hours.
Enjoy your wonderful, homemade lip balm or gift it to a friend to enjoy!
For more great gifts that kids can make, check out these related posts;