When it comes to holiday food I am all about simple. And even better if my kids can help! Inspired by shows like Nailed It! and Zumbo’s Just Desserts, my girls absolutely love decorating cakes and cupcakes and these Snowman Cupcakes are so easy to decorate that even my six year old can manage them. I just can’t decide if I love these or our super sweet Rudolph the Reindeer Christmas Cupcakes more!
They are the perfect Christmas treats to take along to a kids holiday party or Christmas celebration.
How to Make Christmas Snowman Cupcakes
You will need:
- 12 vanilla cupcakes – we suggest you try our healthy vanilla cupcakes recipe
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp milk
- 12 marshmallows
- 12 mini peanut butter chocolate cups
- 100gm/4 oz. red fondant
- 25gm/1 oz. orange fondant
- Black edible food marker
1. Ensure that your cupcakes are cool before decorating. To make your buttercream, beat butter, icing sugar and milk on high until smooth. Using an offset spatula, frost each cupcake.
2. Using your edible ink marker, draw two eyes on each marshmallow.
3. Roll a sphere about ¼ of an inch in size with the orange fondant. Then, shape it into a cone. Use a little buttercream frosting to secure it in the middle of your marshmallow snowman’s face.
4. Place one marshmallow on each cupcake. Top his head with one mini peanut butter chocolate cup, securing with buttercream frosting.
5. Roll out the red fondant to a thickness of 50mm/¼ inch. Use a knife or fondant cutter to cut fondant into 12 strips, about 10cm/4 inches long and 1cm/½ an inch wide.
6. Use scissors to cut a fringe on each end of the red fondant strips. Wrap one around each marshmallow snowman to form his scarf.
Enjoy and happy holidays!
You may also like: