If your home is anything like ours we have a constant stream of visitors during the lead up to Christmas and into the New Year, my boys also both celebrate their birthdays! This easy Cheese, Bacon and Spaghetti Pie recipe makes a great child-friendly meal that I like to make when we have visitors bringing children.
Like our kid friendly entertaining Nachos recipe, a baked spaghetti like this Cheese, Bacon & Spaghetti Pie is generally a crowd pleaser (even for fussy eaters). This recipe serves 4-6 adults (with leftovers).
Prior to the house descending into the madness and excitement that a house full of guests can generate, this baked spaghetti recipe can be made earlier in the day and quickly heated when required.
Cheese, Bacon & Spaghetti Pie Recipe
Cheese, bacon and pasta – what is not to love!?! This recipe also works well for a picnic in the park, or school or kinder lunch boxes. It slices and serves easily.
- 150 grams of dried spaghetti
- 1 cup of grated cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1 small carrot – peeled and grated
- 1 small zucchini- peeled and grated
- 100 grams of bacon – chopped into small pieces
- 5-6 eggs - whisked
- Large handful of fresh chives chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
Note: The cooking times and ingredients below are based on cooking in a 23cm pie dish.
- Cook spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/350ºF.
- To a bowl add all the ingredients except for the spaghetti and mix to combine.
- Grease a pie dish and when the spaghetti has cooked, drain it and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the spaghetti evenly across the base of the dish and then pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Use a fork to gently move the spaghetti to let the egg mixture seep through to the base of the pie dish.
- Sprinkle the reserved grated cheese on top.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 30 minutes. The egg mixture should be set and the top of the pie golden.
- Serve with a side salad.
For more family friendly dinner ideas, try these related recipes;