For this collection of Mother’s Day gift ideas I have collected together projects that are a little trickier to complete with any degree of independence, that work best with kids aged 7+ years.
18 Mother’s Day Gifts for School Aged Kids to Make
(as shown L-R in the images provided)
1. These Lavender Wands from Red Ted Art look beautiful and smell fabulous.
2. This Rainbow Stick Wind Chime from Happy Hooligans makes me smile. I love the rainbow colours.
3. A fun gift for the mum who loves to drink tea, these Personalised Tea Bags from Be A Fun Mum are so unique.
4. Red Ted Art shows us how to make these simple but lovely Decorated Candles.
5. A more involved project, these Stepping Stones found at The Happy Housewife are perfect for the Mum who loves to garden.
6. A set of pretty Paper Mache Pots for Mum (or Grandma) to store her treasures in is sure to be treasured.
7. Create a gift while teaching a valuable lesson about recycling with a Handmade Paper Hanging. Via Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes.
8. In The Playroom shares how to make, decorate and assemble these bright and colourful Mother’s Day Biscuit Cards.
9. These 6 creative Mother’s Day Card Ideas from The Craft Train are easy for older children to make and personalise.
10. Brighten Mum’s day with a beautiful Glass Painted Vase or Candle Holder. Be A Fun Mum shows us how.
11. This cute ‘Thumbbody Loves You’ Planter is from Paging Fun Mums.
12. Why not recycle previous artworks to create a 3D Heart Art on Canvas. Via Red Ted Art.
13. For the beginning sewer, this Felt Heart Keyring from Red Ted Art is a great project.
14. A Felted Pom Pom Necklace is an item of kidmade jewellry that Mums will love to wear. Via Octavia & Vicky.
15. Embroider and embellish a picture of their own to create a forever artwork that Mum will love.
16. Mum will stay warm on cool nights with this yummy Cocoa Mix from Octavia & Vicky.
17. A Chalkboard Notice Board is fun for the mum who likes to stay organised. Via Planning With Kids.
18. The memories on this Interview Cushion from A Little Learning for Two are guaranteed to make Mum smile.
Check out our other handmade gift collections suitable for younger children…
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
Katrina - The Organised Housewife says
Christie Burnett says
Felicity Frankish says