For this collection of Mother’s Day gift ideas I have collected together projects that are a little trickier to complete with any degree of independence, that work best with kids aged 7+ years.
18 Mother’s Day Gifts for School Aged Kids to Make
(as shown L-R in the images provided)
1. These Lavender Wands from Red Ted Art look beautiful and smell fabulous.
2. This Rainbow Stick Wind Chime from Happy Hooligans makes me smile. I love the rainbow colours.
3. A fun gift for the mum who loves to drink tea, these Personalised Tea Bags from Be A Fun Mum are so unique.
4. Red Ted Art shows us how to make these simple but lovely Decorated Candles.
5. A more involved project, these Stepping Stones found at The Happy Housewife are perfect for the Mum who loves to garden.
6. A set of pretty Paper Mache Pots for Mum (or Grandma) to store her treasures in is sure to be treasured.
7. Create a gift while teaching a valuable lesson about recycling with a Handmade Paper Hanging. Via Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes.
8. In The Playroom shares how to make, decorate and assemble these bright and colourful Mother’s Day Biscuit Cards.
9. These 6 creative Mother’s Day Card Ideas from The Craft Train are easy for older children to make and personalise.
10. Brighten Mum’s day with a beautiful Glass Painted Vase or Candle Holder. Be A Fun Mum shows us how.
11. This cute ‘Thumbbody Loves You’ Planter is from Paging Fun Mums.
12. Why not recycle previous artworks to create a 3D Heart Art on Canvas. Via Red Ted Art.
13. For the beginning sewer, this Felt Heart Keyring from Red Ted Art is a great project.
14. A Felted Pom Pom Necklace is an item of kidmade jewellry that Mums will love to wear. Via Octavia & Vicky.
15. Embroider and embellish a picture of their own to create a forever artwork that Mum will love.
16. Mum will stay warm on cool nights with this yummy Cocoa Mix from Octavia & Vicky.
17. A Chalkboard Notice Board is fun for the mum who likes to stay organised. Via Planning With Kids.
18. The memories on this Interview Cushion from A Little Learning for Two are guaranteed to make Mum smile.
Check out our other handmade gift collections suitable for younger children…