Looking for ideas for your creative tween? This collection of 45 summer crafts features a heap of fun, creative project ideas that are perfect for keeping your tween creating during the long, sunny days of summer – though they are, of course, perfectly fun all year round as well!
45 Summer Crafts for Tweens
1. Try rock painting! We love these painted emoji rocks.
2. Or turn your emoji into keychains with perler beads. Via Frugal Fun for Boys & Girls.
3. Create your own set of super cute animal painted mason jars from Color Made Happy.
4. Make your own necklace pendants with this homemade air dry clay recipe.
5. Make pretty crepe paper flower bracelets. Via Buggy and Buddy.
6. Create colourful paintings without paint – try yarn painting. Via Picklebums.
7. Or combine yarn with foil to make a cool embossed foil artwork.
8. Tie dye a beach towel with Mom Endeavors.
9. Or try tie dye with Sharpies. Via Playdough to Plato.
10. Decorate a tote bag. Via Small + Friendly.
11. Try decorating a t-shirt with sandpaper and crayons. Via Playtivities.
12. Use your name to create colourful rainbow name art.
13. Or create colourful soapsicles – soap on a stick! Via DIY Inspired.
14. Make your own bath bombs. Via Mama Instincts.
15. Create beautiful coloured seashells with Color Made Happy.
16. Decorate a mug or glass, even a pencil holder by marbling with nail polish.
17. Or have fun with nail art. Via Frugal Mom Eh!
18. Make cute washer necklaces. Via Small for Big.
19. Decorate a pair of canvas tennis shoes.
20. Make paper pinwheels and take them outside to watch them spin in the breeze.
21. Make fun pineapple candles with Happiness is Homemade.
22. Make friendship pins. Via Kitchen Counter Chronicles.
23. Make pom pom bookmarks and never lose the page in your favourite book again!
24. Star in your own artwork by using photos to create fun drawings.
25. Create your own comic books with these comic book templates. Via Picklebums.
26. Try handprint doodle art. Via The Craft Train.
27. Try origami – make a cute origami heart bookmark.
Love these ideas? We know you’ll also love the colourful, creative ideas in Kaleidoscope.
28. Or paper ninja stars. Via Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls.
29. Make colourful mandala collages. Via Picklebums.
30. Make and fly a kite with Buggy and Buddy.
31. Design and create a marble run. Via Frugal Fun for Boys & Girls.
32. Make giant crepe paper flowers. With HGTV.
33. Make a cute fairy tale terrarium. Via My Little Bookcase.
34. Host a tween art party with your friends. Via Happy Hooligans.
35. Have fun learning about forced perspective photography. Via DesignModo.
36. Make a dream catcher. Via Happiness is Homemade.
37. Make a doodle journal and create fun drawings with these Doodle Art Prompts.
38. Create a fun mosaic from Lego.
40. Make a cute mini unicorn notebook via Red Ted Art.
41. Make floam slime with this easy floam slime recipe.
42. Experiment with floating chalk prints. Via Picklebums.
43. Or making marbled paper. Via The Artful Parent.
44. Try glue and watercolor resist. Via Rhythms of Play.
45. Create a fun ladybird string art. Via Easy Peasy and Fun.
Related: Does your tween love to read? Check out our great chapter books for kids collection – it includes heaps of awesome chapter books and graphic novels sorted by age and theme.